Role: Speech and Language Therapist
Salary: £25 600
Location: NORWICH -UK
Who we are:
CompKey Healthcare Ltd is a privately owned, managed Domiciliary and Social Care Agency. We are registered with Care Quality Commission, affiliated to Skills for Care as well as members of the United Kingdom Home Care Association. Our vision is to be a leading provider of quality home and social care services.
We are looking for an experienced Speech and Language Therapist to join our team and to undertake the duties and responsibilities listed below:
Duties and responsibilities
- To be responsible for the delivery of specialist speech and language therapy services at CompKey Healthcare including assessment, diagnosis, and therapy specifically for our service users.
- To provide specialist intervention demonstrating clinical effectiveness using evidence-based practice and outcome measures while being able to adapt practices to meet individual service users’ needs.
- To plan and draw up suitable rehabilitation plan for service user and follow up and record the effectiveness of the plan.
- Train, coach and support CompKey Healthcare team and to improve staff competencies.
- Research and suggest suitable equipment which can be used in treatment of speech and language disorders.
- To attend and participate in relevant clinical care meetings and conferences on speech and language therapy.
- Work closely with relatives and carers of service users to ensure that rehabilitation plans are followed and maintained.
- Work in collaboration with medical doctors, carers, social workers and psychologists in delivering care and support to service users.
- Produce reports on all cases attended to and to keep a confidential record of service users’ information.
- You will help service users with communication or eating and swallowing problems following neurological impairment and degenerative conditions, including stoke, Parkinson’s disease and dementia.
At least 2-3 years of experience as a Speech and Language Therapist.
A degree level qualification in healthcare.
Evidence of up-to-date CPD in Speech and Language Therapy.